Yungipicus is a genus of woodpeckers in the (family Picidae) native to Asia. The species in this genus were previously assigned to Dendrocopos, in fact, some taxonomic authorities continue to list the species there.
|Brown-capped pygmy woodpecker Yungipicus nanus|
7, see text
The genus includes seven species:
- Sulawesi pygmy woodpecker, Yungipicus temminckii
- Brown-capped pygmy woodpecker, Yungipicus nanus
- Grey-capped pygmy woodpecker, Yungipicus canicapillus
- Doerries' pygmy woodpecker, Yungipicus canicapillus doerriesi
- Philippine pygmy woodpecker, Yungipicus maculatus
- Sulu pygmy woodpecker, Yungipicus ramsayi
- Sunda pygmy woodpecker, Yungipicus moluccensis
- Japanese pygmy woodpecker, Yungipicus kizuki
- Fuchs, J.; Pons, J.M. (2015). "A new classification of the pied woodpeckers assemblage (Dendropicini, Picidae) based on a comprehensive multi-locus phylogeny". Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution. 88: 28–37. doi:10.1016/j.ympev.2015.03.016. PMID 25818851.
- Gill, Frank; Donsker, David (eds.). "Woodpeckers". World Bird List Version 6.2. International Ornithologists' Union. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
|This woodpecker-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|