Cuban green woodpecker(Redirected from Xiphidiopicus)
|Cuban green woodpecker|
|Female, both X. p. percussus
A distinctive, relatively small woodpecker of the general size and shape of a sapsucker, occasionally appearing crested, with bright olive-green upperparts and yellow underparts. Nape and upper breast are bright red with some black bases to feathers usually visible, with black chin and throat; red crown in males, black crown striped white in females. White face and supercilium, punctuated by black border to cheek. Yellow breast is streaked with black or greenish-black, yellow on flanks barred with black. The crissum (the area around the cloaca) is yellow with black barring. Females are significantly smaller than the male, generally shorter-billed. Juveniles are generally duller in plumage, showing more barring and streaking below. It measures 20–25 cm (7.9–9.8 in) in length and weighs 48–97 g (1.7–3.4 oz).
juvenile X. p. percussus
- BirdLife International (2012). "Xiphidiopicus percussus". IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2013.2. International Union for Conservation of Nature. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "ITIS Report: Xiphidiopicus". Integrated Taxonomic Information System. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- Farnsworth, Andrew (2012). Schulenberg, T.S., ed. "Cuban Green Woodpecker (Xiphidiopicus percussus)". Neotropical Birds Online. Ithaca: Cornell Lab of Ornithology. Retrieved 11 October 2011. External link in
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Xiphidiopicus percussus.|
|Wikispecies has information related to: Xiphidiopicus percussus|
- BirdLife species factsheet for Xiphidiopicus percussus
- "Xiphidiopicus percussus". Avibase.
- "Cuban green woodpecker media". Internet Bird Collection.
- Cuban green woodpecker photo gallery at VIREO (Drexel University)
- Cuban green woodpecker species account at NeotropicalBirds (Cornell University)
- Interactive range map of Xiphidiopicus percussus at IUCN Red List maps
- Audio recordings of Cuban green woodpecker on Xeno-canto.
|This woodpecker-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|